Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hungry for Hunger Games?

Greetings from Disneyworld!  By the time you read this, I'll be hanging out at the Mouse's House.

I'll be at the World with my family, and while I'm gone, I hope to see "Hunger Games" with my sister-in-law.  We've both read the books and loved them.  (Who didn't?)  The China Glaze Hunger Games collection was pretty awesome; so awesome, in fact, that my Sally ran out pretty!  I only managed to get three of them.  In truth, the only one I still really want is Stone Cold.

Here we have Harvest Moon, which represents District 9:


 It's a delicious blend of bronze, brown and gold.  Quite lovely, really.  I don't follow "rules" about certain colors in certain seasons, but I still feel that this smacks SO hard of Fall, that I probably won't wear it much again until then.

Next up is Riveting, representing District 3:


 What can I say; it is...riveting!  It really is.  I feel like this sort of color should not look right on my pale, cool-toned skin, but I was VERY pleased.  I can only imagine that this would be flattering on most anyone, and that has GOT to be a rarity for an orange.

Last but not least, the "flaky" (more on that later), Luxe & Lush (District 1):


I feel that calling this a flakie is a bit of a misnomer.  I expect a flakie to sort of...blend into its basecoat, changing it and forming something totally new.  I compare this more to the randomly shaped mylar-type glitter topcoats that are becoming popular, especially among frankeners and independent lacquer mixers.  Flakie or no, it's captivating.  I've shown it over several different color families to show you what a versatile "effects" polish it can be, and unfortunately I can't remember what these base polishes are!  If you're very curious about one, let me know and I'm sure I can narrow it down.

All in all, I think this China Glaze did a fantastic job of coming up with colors that really represented the Districts of Panem.  This could have just been a random assortment of colors with names that were sort of reminiscent of the Hunger Games, but it isn't.  By the time you read this, many of you will have already seen the movie, and I hope it didn't let you down! 

May the odds be ever in your favour!

4 comments:

  1. Harvest Moon would be awesome on black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Harvest Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! Btw, I found the Electrify from the collection (the gold and red glitter one) to be surprisingly nice. I found that the coverage was amazing and that it is a great polish for doing accents.

    Check out what I had to say about it here: http://chippednailblog.blogspot.ca/2012/04/happy-hump-day-china-glazes-electrify.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hillary...good luck with your blog! I liked Electrify, but sometimes I see a glitter and run screaming for fear of what it will be like to remove it. Using it on the tips was a great idea, though!

      Delete

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.