Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It was his year, it was his year, IT WAS HIS YEAR!!!

OPI It Was My Year always makes me think of the movie "Strictly Ballroom."  I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the "theme" of my blog is based around my love of movies.  I try to do most of my titles after a film quote or reference.  This one is from the fantastic Australian film, "Strictly Ballroom."  It was directed by Baz Luhrmann, and is essentially the inspiration for "Dirty Dancing."  I can't find a clip from the exact part of the film that includes the quote, but that's just as well, because you really ought to just go watch the whole movie (it's available by instant streaming on Netflix).  When I discovered this fantastic film, I made both my brother and my father watch it, and in spite of the fact that I got dubious looks when I introduced it as "a movie about ballroom dancing," they were both shocked to discover that they liked it!

But enough of that other obsession of mine...here's the swatch of OPI's It Was My Year, from the Summer 2011 Ms. Universe collection.  I believe this was given to me as a gift by my very best friend who lives on the other side of the country.  She gave me several polishes as a hostess gift when she came to visit, and she had GREAT taste in choosing the colors.  I feel like "It Was My Year" preceded a few other dupes like Zoya Faye.  It must be a great color to have been copied by the likes of Zoya!  Hope you love it as much as I do.



1 comment:

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.