Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hello, Austin...tatious Turquoise!

Happy Sunday evening!  Everybody ready for the week to come?


I recently made a quick trip to visit Austin, Texas.  I'd never been there before, and I'm game to go ANYWHERE I've never been!  Helps when you know someone in the city, too.  I had vacation to burn, so I figured, why not?


They've got a BEAUTIFUL capitol building.  I snapped this after we'd spent the day wandering up and down Sixth Street at the Pecan Street Festival.  There were LOTS of great vendors, and I bought a couple of pairs of gorgeous locally made earrings.  I just love bringing back locally-crafted souvenirs.  Got some soap, too.


Fans of "Dazed and Confused" will appreciate this snapshot, taken on the drive back from the Pecan Street Festival.  Should you have a hard time catching the reference, I give you the following:




Alright, alright, alright!

There was an Ulta near my hotel, so of course I insisted on visiting it.  If you'll recall, my nearest Ulta is a good hour away, so this seemed like a good time to bring back a mini haul.  Of course, you know what I HAD to get...

Yep.  OPI Austin-tatious Turquoise. I'd been familiar with this for awhile, but held off in the event I ever DID make it to Austin, but also because it just didn't seem all that unique.  I was a bit wrong about that.  The picture doesn't quite capture it, but in full sunlight, it reflects a good bit of shimmer and a faint indication of some pinks and purples.  Really quite lovely.  One coat of this is very sheer, two leaves a faint hint of VNL (seen pointer finger for an idea), and three will get you the opacity shown on my ring finger.  All in all, a most excellent and very appropriate souvenir!

1 comment:

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.