Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On pinks that aren't.

I confess, this Pink Wednesday is a bit of a bait and switch.  But I simply must call the attention of the polish-addicted world to a very real issue: polish misnomers.  These are polishes whose manufacturers have given them names which are not only stupid and nondescriptive, they're downright misleading.


You may recall one of my earlier entries on a Pink Wednesday, Finger Paints Give Pink a Chance.  Perhaps you'll remember that it was really much more coral than pink.  Might I have suggested to the fine folks over at Finger Paints a name that is both more accurate and still befitting that collection's 60's theme?  Perhaps "Instant Coral's Gonna Get You"?


Now witness Wet 'n Wild's Hannah Pinktana.  Some of you may know that this is sort of the sister to Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire, which I loved.  Here's Hannah...



...in all her PURPLE glory.  I ask you, is this pink?  NO!  It is not.  C'mon, Wet 'n Wild, if you wanted to bestow idiotic, television-inspired names upon your polishes, why didn't you just call this Hannah Purpletana?  So it has an extra syllable in there...it is still both stupid and color-accurate!  That ought to have fit the bill! 


Lordy.  I am just in the wrong line of business.  Anybody hiring a polish-namer? 

6 comments:

  1. Haha...those polish companies really need to hire you. NYX Girls needs to rename its polish called Bubblegum that's actually neon yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought this one because the name drives me crazy. Have you ever seen OPI Pompeii Purple? It's not purple, it's very obviously pink. Aaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did not want to get sued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Poetic, srsly? Haven't seen that one!

    Madeline, sounds like OPI and Wet N' Wild need to get together and do a switcheroo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes think they come up with the names and print the labels before they've finished formulating the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.