Sunday, July 31, 2011

Unexpected Mini-haul

I went to get my hair did yesterday, and arrived a little bit early.  Upon entering, I saw the most beautiful words a nail junkie can imagine:  "Everything on this table $1."  My hairstylist, who knows about my weakness, was kind enough to whisk me away before I could completely obliterate the display.


There wasn't a lot to choose from, mostly reds and berries, but I'm still not sure I shouldn't have gotten more.  What you see above (L to R) is Cuckoo for This Color, Sweet as Annie-thing and Ginger Bells.  What you don't see (because it's rolling around somewhere in the nether-regions of my car) is I'm Not Really a Waitress.  That one, of course, is a classic, so I suspect you already know what it looks like.


I'm really tickled with this haul.  I mean, seriously....ONE DOLLAR OPI.  Wanna see the first to grace my nails?


Sweet as Annie-thing
Ooh, moody.  No, wait, not moody.  HOT.  Yes, it's hot as Satan's balls outside (does Satan have balls?), so my camera lens fogged up immediately.  I sorta like this look, though.  It's got...ambience?  Anyway, Sweet as Annie-thing is a really classy golden-toned red, with just a hint of warm shimmer in the bottle that you really don't much see on the nail.  As with most OPI, it was pleasingly opaque at 2 coats.  Also as with most OPI, it's a trifle runny for my taste.  I did have to spend a fair amount of time on cleanup.  This was apparently released in January 2009, so I'm not sure how easy this is to find at this point.


See how long my nails are getting?  Go ahead, take a good look now.  I don't think it's going to last much longer.  They get flimsy at the tips (I've actually already got a chip on this less-than-6-hours-old mani because of my crappy nail stregth) and I just type too dang much to keep them like this. 


Enjoy your evening, folks, cause tomorrow is...bum bum bum...MONDAY!  G'night, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. YOUR SO RIGHT MOST BEAUTIFUL WORDS!!I LOVE GREAT SALES!CAN'T DO ANYTHING BUT BUY!GREAT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. $1 OPI! Score! I love " im not really a waitress" I still have the original before all the 3 free stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.