Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Knee high to a grasshopper

One of my best friends has a collection that I am mildly envious of.  It's a collection...of teeny-tiny things.  Teeny tiny shopping cart, teeny tiny Tobasco bottle, teeny tiny EVERYTHING.  OPI's mini-collection would fit right in!  In fact, she was with me when I bought it the Nice Stems! mini-collection and I think I saw her eyes mist over just a little.  Maybe if she's lucky, she'll inherit one of these guys?

Mini-bottles make me think of altogether different things.  You see, I have an overactive imagination.  Witness:

"Wah wah, wah wah wah wah."  "Yes, Mrs. Silver Shatter."
"RAAAAAWR!!!"  "Aaaaaaaah!  Help me!!!!"
Cue music 2010:A Space Odyssey
Ahem. 

Now, then, how about a manicure?


Here we've got OPI Come to Poppy.  I do like this color; it's not terribly unique, but it is quite pretty nonetheless.  Now, I must comment on the practicality of the OPI mini-bottle set when reviewing these.  They can definitely be a bargain.  You figure:  average retail on a bottle of OPI is about $8.  For the full Nice Stems! collection, you'd end up sinking $32, only to wind up barely using up a full bottle unless you just REEEEALLY love one of the colors.  On the other hand, a mini-set will set you back about $12.50, and allow you to sample all the colors.  However, it must be said that executing a good mani with one of those teeny tiny brushes and bottle caps is TRICKY.  Don't say I didn't warn you!


SUDDENLY!  A right hand...
I'm showing you this because my poor widdle pinkie nail broke off into the quick today.  OWIE!  Here's the catch, though.  (HAHA!  Get it?  Cause a broken nail catches on things?  Right?  Haha!  Ha.  Um.)  I kind of like this little stubby!  What do we think?  Should I cut them all down?  Bear in mind, my poor nails take some work to get them to grow as long as, say, my left ring finger. 

What do you guys think?

6 comments:

  1. Wow your mind has issues! But you make me laugh so I guess it's all good! Personally, I think its tacky to have 9long nails and one stub. If I break a nail, I file down the rest so they are all one length. Remember you asked for my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, and I totally hear you on that side of the argument.

    It's tough for me to take an all-or-nothing stance, though. My nails are so flimsy and weak that if I always filed them all down when one broke, I'd never ever have ANY long nails! It's very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I break a nail, I usually take the others down too--though not necessarily all the way to nubs if that's how far the break went. 9 talons and one nub looks bad to me, but 9 shorties and a nub I'm okay with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try Trind nail strengthener! Its the only reason I have nails and started my blog! www.deloent.com in the USA (am assuming you are in the US)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love the captions! The mini OPI bottles are just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I bit the bullet and trimmed them down...@Fingers, maybe now that I'm back at square one, I should try that stuff!

    @Lydia, thanks! I've got a sick mind, but at least I can keep myself amused.

    ReplyDelete

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.