Monday, February 14, 2011

Have a great VD

Yes, I actually read this statement in a couple of places today.  Drove me nuts every time, because I assure you that if I had VD (which I assure you I don't), it would not be in any way great.

Also, every time I read it, it reminded me of this:


Now, I might be single and I might be a cynic; but I have no problem with Valentine's Day.  Any excuse to eat chocolate is a-okay by me.  Also, I figured this was as good a day as any to try out the matte finish Revlon polish I bought at Ulta.  It's called Ruby Ribbon.  Here it is in matte form:





What I am about to say may be considered by many a nail blogger to be blasphemy, but here goes...

*DEEP BREATH*

Idon'tlikemattes.  There.  I said it.  I.  Don't.  Like.  Mattes.  I think it may be one of those quirky, OCD-like tendencies I am prone to exhibit.  A matte manicure just looks...undone.  Freaks me out.  Like a crooked painting, a blatant typo, a microwave with time left on it.  It makes me angry.  And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.  (Or hungry.)  So rather than go into a Hulk-like rage, I fixed it.  Turned it into a glossy/matte Ruffian.




I really like what the gloss does to this color.  When I was applying the color, I thought, "Am I crazy, or does this have a blue flash?"  Ya know what?  It kinda does!


Look what one of my team members brought me today!  It's a chocolate-dipped, heart-shaped strawberry macaron.  Doesn't it look delicious?  Yeah, it was.

Hope you had a great VD!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the matte, I've never liked it. Maybe because healthy nails are shiny and matte isn't?
    Who knows! I do like the color with the gloss o nit.
    Please to be sending me that macaroon?

    ReplyDelete

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.