Saturday, February 26, 2011

They had a lot of weapons, Mister. And they was shootin' bullets.

I'm kind of (okay, a lot) obsessed with Ben Foster lately, and one of the best movies he's done is "3:10 to Yuma."  If you've never seen it, SEE IT.  Fantastic cast, amazing costumes, perfect score...just an unbelievable film. 



I wanted to do a manicure inspired by the poster, and using colors that were reminiscent of the dirty, earthy colors of Western movies.  Here's what I came up with, and I have to say, I'm more proud of this one than I've been of any polish job I've ever done.

After it was done, I realized that what would make it look dirtier and really live up to the inspiration would be to mattify it.  I searched high and low and could not find matte coat ANYWHERE.  I searched every option in my small town - drugstores (of which there are three), Wal-Mart, Sally - and no one had it.  So I did the next best thing:





 I could not have hoped for anything more awesome, even if I HAD found a matte coat.  On second thought, I can think of something more awesome.  This:


Shame they don't carry them at Walgreens, either.

Colors:  Wet N Wild Shield, Rustic, Goldmine; OPI Black Shatter









3 comments:

  1. Love the last look! How'd you do it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tiffany! That's just OPI Black Shatter polish over the existing striped manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the grungy look Black Shatter added to the mani - it really spices things up! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.