Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mannequin Hands

I may have missed the boat on this one.  I usually am a bit behind when it comes to trends and technology, but that doesn't stop me from trying to catch up just as quickly as I can!

As best I can tell, mannequin hands were on trend a couple of years ago.  The goal is to find a nude shade as close to your natural skintone as possible so that the finished manicure gives you what look like...mannequin hands!  The color quest is not unlike trying to find just the right foundation.  I think I came close here, but I'm not totally convinced that this is my perfect match.



 This is Essie Sandy Beach.  It's probably a good three coats to achieve opacity.  I also topped it with Essie Matte About You.  Mattifying the color REALLY contributes to the mannequin look. 


I tell ya, I have a lot of fun with the out there colors, but this color really made me feel very put-together and professional.  It's a very clean look.  I love it! 

 What do you think?  Is it dated?  Is it timeless? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.