Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Shocking!

In my first week of making a concerted effort to wear pink on Wednesday, I came to a swift realization:  I don't own much pink polish.  This is not surprising; I am not a girly girl.  I have often been described as "one of the guys."  Nevertheless, I have this polish obsession.  However, given my lack of feminine inclination, most of my collection consists of colors from the non-pink spectrum.  I'm gonna have to remedy this, not only because I'm finding that pink really does look good on me (I'm not conceited; just pale) but so that I'll actually have something to show on Wednesdays!

Today (yesterday actually, but anyway) I chose from my thin collection of rosy tones Maybelline's Pink Shock.  That bored me just a bit, so I topped it with a recent purchase from the blogsale of Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes - Spa Ritual's Shower the People.  Shower the People is a very, very faint opalescent sheer ivory with a smattering of pixie-like purple glitter.  If you look reeeeeally closely at the pictures below (you may have to enlarge it), you'll catch a glimpse of that purple shimmer.  Other than that, the addition of Shower the People did not much alter the truly shocking pink of Pink Shock.  Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. The pink DOES look great on you, but I'm bias towards pink.

    Shower the people is awesome, I think it would look awesome on a bare nail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think, Becka, but it'd take a good 4 or 5 coats to look like much of anything. Ooh, I bet it'd make a good French coat! Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.