Saturday, March 26, 2011

New and Improved Pinks and Purples, by Nfu Oh 40

I remember when I found Sinful Colors Green Ocean, and discovered that flakies were the awesomest things ever.  Then I bought Nfu Oh 40, and realized that the love I felt for Green Ocean was but a drop in the sea of nail polish affection.  *Sigh*  Seems like it was just a few weeks ago.  Oh, it was?  Huh.

I'm working my way through Zoya's Intimate collection, and in the process have learned what Nfu Oh 40 can do for delicate pinks and purples.  I'll be presenting you with actual Intimate swatches in the fairly near future, but I just couldn't wait to show you evidence of my discovery.


What you see above is a coat of Nfu Oh 40 over (from top to bottom) Zoya Marley, Caitlin and Mira.  (Mira is from the new Summertime collection, but that's another story for another day.)  Aren't these beautiful? 


Looking down on the nail, the flashing color change from the flakies is very subtle, but impressive when the light catches it just right.


I think my favorite was over Marley, though it was very difficult to photograph because it IS so very subtle.  I love doing nails like this, where the unusual aspect is so hard to notice that it's like your little secret.  Makes it even better when someone DOES notice it, too!

Between the Nfu Oh 40, OPI Shatter and various glitter topcoats, I really do find myself torn on what "effect" topcoat to use when I want to extend the life of my manicure! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments including links to personal blogs will most likely be considered link-spamming and will not be approved.



Not approving comments makes me feel mean. Please don't make me do it.